Introduction of CSR practices at Textile companies in Kosovo
Textile industry in Kosovo in recent years had experienced a solid growth. Main drivers are rather small to medium size companies working mainly for external markets using label production or outsourcing due to low labor costs and proximity with EU markets.
Thus, important workforce is being used due to still highly manual operations despite some modern equipment being used. The vast majority of this workforce are women, which often are not in position to negotiate salary or decent working conditions, in many cases.
Main activities and outcomes would be:
- Direct communication with selected companies
- Workshop to introduce the main initial findings and recommendations to launch CSR practices
- Select pilot companies and allocate necessary resources/mentoring consultants to implement CSR practices
- Use the success stories to attract more companies in textile and other manufacturing sectors
- Create a network of CSR practitioners and companies implementing these measures